Wednesday, June 07, 2006

here I am



what could be more appropriate to welcome me back from my blogging hiatus than this charming coozy (cuzy) (coozee) captured photographically on my latest journey to florida?

we all got a laugh out of this coozy. side note: i don't think i have ever been called upon to give a spelling for "coozy." until this moment, that is. dictionary.com isn't helping me out either. in case you haven't noticed, i have tried to maintain a certain standard of spelling ever since i wrote that blog about "definitely" and other misspelled words. (for instance, I just had to look up "misspelled"). see why having a blog is so much work?

ok i'm being nerdy.

onto something else.

i really love the movie shopgirl. i just rented it from netflix for my 2nd viewing and tears have flown. it is really quite wonderful.

what is not quite wonderful is that i have an ear infection. or swimmer's ear or whatever you call it. it kills.

9 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous K. Ry said...

"he cannot justify his actions except that... well... it was life." LOVE IT!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Jason said...

I believe that it is spelled cousy, but I might be mistaken.

:preparing for verbal reprimand

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

j: that was a spelling that hadn't crossed my mind.
let's just hope we are never on the same spelling-bee team when that word is thrown our way.

maybe one reason it hadn't crossed my mind is that i would pronounce your version as "cow-zee" rather than "coo-zee."

no offense.

i appreciate your contribution to the age-old debate. agreeing to disagree. that's what love's all about. :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Jason said...

Well, the only reason I think that I guess is because of Bob Cousy, an NBA Hall of Famer. You can Google him if you want. I don't really care anymore.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

good because however much you care, you can subtract a hundred from that, and that's how much i care.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Lyttleton said...

Maybe you can write a post about how everyone on the internet spells "lose" as "loose" and how that is so very very wrong.

~josephf

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Ryan said...

Upon reading your blog for the second time, I am not so much struck by the debate about coozy spelling, as I am confused about your comment, "tears have flown." Although it is an interesting image to imagine teardrops flying from your eyes into the sky, I think what you mean is that tears have FLOWED. I could be wrong, though.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

yes. you could be.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber, are you related to Susan, Kathi and Mari Heggestat who lived in Germany? Gordon L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home