Saturday, April 22, 2006

do yoursALF a favor and make a friend


just got the season one alf disc from netflix. i don't know how many of you out there are ALF-lovers, (bethany), but if you don't love ALF (jason), i'd like it if you started today.

maybe you're asking yourself, why ALF? why this late in life? isn't it too late for me to begin a personal relationship with ALF? well if you are asking that, the answer is NO.

(to the last question. the answers to the first two are "awesome" and "if not now then when.")

in case you are still questioning, i have taken the liberty of including a shot of someone dearly loved by all of you demonstrating his affections for alf.



i would also like to include some quotes that might give you some insights into the abysmal depths of ALF's character.
here they are now:

ALF: Back home on Melmac, I had a cousin, Pretty Boy Shumway. He was so mean, if he didn’t like your looks, (points at Willy, imitating machine gun sound) ak-ak-ak-ak-ak!
Willy: You mean he’d shoot you if he didn’t like how you looked?!
ALF: No! He’d just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak!"

* * *
(Kate refuses ALF, to babysitt Eric.)
ALF: But why, why?!!
Kate: Why? Cause youre irresponsible. You trash the livingroom, blow up the kitchen, wallpapered the shower-
ALF: It was a retonical question!

* * *
ALF: I'm on a new diet. I can eat as much of whatever I want.
Lynn: And you lose weight that way?
ALF: You do?

* * *
(ALF is trying to hypnotize Lucky.)
ALF: You are getting sleepy. You...are no longer a cat. You are a bagel!

6 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger allie statler said...

you could say that i had a relationship with Alf as a small child. these days he is really not a part of my life at all. sure there have been a few times through out the years when i have turned back to him to watch maybe a Christmas special.
here's my question, is it to late in life to recommit myself to Alf???

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

Allie, I'm so glad you asked. No, it is never too late to commit yourself to a relationship with Alf. Alf welcomes you back with open arms.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger allie statler said...

i have to say heggestad, it saddens me to see the lack of interest your public has taken in ALF...

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

allie, as i'm sure you know, people have very varied responses to alf. it's best not to push these things, but to let people comment when and if they are ready to share.

(but please do know, audience, that this is a safe place to come and share your feelings on alf without feeling judged or embarrassed. ALF forever!)

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Ryan "the ALFeist" Jones said...

I don't believe in ALF because when I was a little boy, I had a policeman's outfit that I wore to preschool. I was a shorts-and-shirt combo with a brass-buckled belt in the middle. Well, one day I couldn't get the belt off, and my pride kept me from asking my teacher for help (a policeman never asks for help). Needless to say I wet my policeman's outfit. Walking out of the bathroom in shame, my ensemble a mix of normal navy blue, and a slightly darker/smellier navy blue, I asked myself where is ALF now?

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger amber heggestad said...

ryan. i think sometimes alf lets us go through things like that. Heck, you think Alf hasn't worn a policeman costume? or wet himself? When you look back on that moment later in life, you will see not one, but two sets of footprints coming out of that school bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home